15-Minute Peanut Satay Chicken Skewers
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, sliced into long strips
- grill or cast iron grill pan
- 8-10 wooden or metal skewers
Heat a gas or coal heated grill to medium heat. Alternatively, if you are using a grill pan, spray with a little cooking oil and place over medium-high heat.
Combine sesame oil through minced garlic, and stir to mix sauce thoroughly.
Add chicken to the sauce and turn to coat. Skewer the chicken strips and set the skewers aside.
Place the skewers on the grill or grill pan and cook, 3-5 minutes each side. The chicken is done when there are blackened grill marks, and the chicken registers 165*F on a meat thermometer. You may have to work in batches.
Serve immediately, or remove from skewers and chill. Skewers will last for up to one week if kept tightly covered and in the refrigerator.