A play on the classic Italian dish, this version of sheet pan sausage and peppers is made with smoked kielbasas and tossed in a honey-mustard glaze, making for an incredibly easy weeknight dinner!
Is that a bad thing, you think? My guess is likely that no, not a bad thing at all. I’m also willing to guess you’re with me on this. Right?
Because truly, how can it be a bad thing to enjoy a recipe style that is basically the perfect weeknight dinner recipe?
Toss delicious ingredients onto a sheet pan.
Place in a hot oven until cooked.
It could not be easier, and I love that so, so much.
This sheet pan sausage and peppers recipe features plump, juicy, smoked kielbasa and is my play on the old Italian standby, sausage and peppers.
Did you know smoked kielbasa and sweet, slightly spicy peppers go awesome together? If you do, you’re probably from the Midwest and know Polish Americans. Just saying.
I love the combo of heat, sweet, and spice on these sheet pan sausage and peppers.
You’ve got crispy sweet red peppers, yellow onions, smoky kielbasa, all covered in a 3-ingredient mustard glaze that’s also perfection as a salad dressing.
So while you’re at it, make a big, leafy salad and toss it with the remainder of this sauce. Serve some crusty bread on the side and you’ve got a dinner in 20 minutes that’s full of flavor and a bit of bite.
Ready to add this recipe to a prep sesh?
Ready-to-Go Prep Sesh Plans are even color-coded for really simple step-by-step instructions and include ingredient substitution ideas, too.
The best part? They’re just $1.99 each!
Sheet Pan Kielbasa Dinner with a Sweet Mustard Glaze
- 1.5 lbs smoked kielbasa sausages
- 2 red bell pepper
- 1 large red onion
- 3 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Prep It For Later:
- Mix the mustard, sugar, and vinegar together in a bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Transfer to resealable bag or container.
- Slice the peppers and onions and transfer to a resealable bag or container.
Prepare from prepped:
- If frozen, thaw overnight in the fridge.
- Prepare as directed from fresh, above.
Make It From Fresh:
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Deseed the bell pepper and slice into strips.
- Slice the onion into strips.
- Arrange the kielbasa, peppers, and onions into 3 separate piles on the pan.
- Whisk together the mustard, sugar, and vinegar. Brush onto the sausages, then drizzle any remaining sauce on the peppers and onions.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then use a spatula to toss the peppers and the onions so that they brown evenly.
- Bake for another 5-8 minutes, or until the peppers and onions have softened and started to brown and the sausage is plump and browned.
- Serve hot.
See why these recipes like this sheet pan sausage and peppers are my new thing!? They’re too crazy easy not to be!
You might also like: