Dry Goodssliced whole wheat bread6 slices
ProteinItalian sausage1 pound
Producebaby spinach1 cup, packed
Spicespowdered mustard2 teaspoons
table salt.5 teaspoon
freshly cracked pepper.25 teaspoons
Dairyhalf and half1 cup
shredded cheddar cheese2 cups
This hearty breakfast keeps for up to 2 months if wrapped tightly in the freezer. Change up the veggies if you prefer, or go meatless; this is a really forgiving recipe with room to maneuver!
- Preheat the oven to 350*F
- Cube the bread into ½” pieces.
- Slice the sausage into ¼” coins
- Toss the bread cubes, sausage, and spinach together in a large bowl, then spread evenly on the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the mustard powder, salt, half and half, and eggs. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour over the bread and spinach, gently stirring to make sure all spinach leaves are covered in the egg mixture.
- Spread the shredded cheese evenly on top and place the dish in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the eggs have set and the cheese is melted.
Prep it for later:
1. Cube the bread and toss with the spinach leaves. Transfer to a resealable bag or container.
2. If needed, shred the cheddar cheese and transfer to a resealable bag or container.
The bread and spinach will store in the fridge for up to 4 days. It will last for up to 3 months in the fridge.
The shredded cheese will last for up to 1 month in the fridge, and up to 4 months in the freezer.
1 resealable bag or container of cubed bread tossed with spinach
1 bag or container of shredded cheese
Prepare from prepped:
1. Thaw ingredients as necessary.
2. Preheat oven to 350*F.
3. Follow steps 4-7 in the instructions.