Cheesy Pesto Twice Baked Potatoes
Producerusset potato2 pounds
Dry Goodsolive oil2 tablespoon
Kosher salt1/2 teaspoon
prepared pesto1/4 cup
Dairyplain yogurt1 cup
shredded provolone cheese1 cup
Any melting cheese will work here, to be honest; swap in the same amount of any other grated semi-soft cheese- I like mozzarella and cheddar, also!
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Set the potatoes on a sheet pan, leaving a few inches of space between each potato. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with Kosher salt. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked all the way through and a fork slides easily into the center of a potato. Remove and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Slice the potatoes in half and use a spoon to scrape out the insides of each half into a large bowl. Set the empty skins back on the sheet pan as you do so.
- Add the yogurt, shredded cheese, and pesto to the bowl and mash the potatoes and stir to combine. Spoon the mixture back into each potato.
- Place the pan back in the oven and bake 8-12 minutes or until the skins are crispy and the cheese has melted. Remove and serve warm.
Prep for later:
1. Bake the potatoes in a preheated oven for 1 hour as directed in instructions above, then remove from the oven and set aside until cool enough to handle.
2. Scrape out the insides of the potatoes and mix with remaining ingredients.
3. Stuff inside the skins and wrap each potato separately.
4. Alternatively, freeze the stuffed potatoes lined on a plate and then once frozen, transfer to a resealable bag or container.
Store in the freezer for up to 3 months or in the fridge for 5-7 days.
1 resealable bag or container with -or individually wrapped- stuffed potatoes
Prepare from prepped: Thaw frozen potatoes overnight in the fridge.
1. Place frozen stuffed potatoes on a sheet pan and bake in a preheated to 350*F oven for 15-18 minutes until the cheese is melted and the potato skins have begun to crisp.