Cheesy Pesto Twice-Baked Potatoes
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Any melting cheese will work here, to be honest; swap in the same amount of any other grated semi-soft cheese- I like mozzarella and cheddar, also!
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup grated provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
- Bake the potatoes in a preheated oven for 1 hour as directed in instructions above, then remove from the oven and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Scrape out the insides of the potatoes and mix with remaining ingredients.
- Stuff inside the skins and wrap each potato separately.
- Alternatively, freeze the stuffed potatoes lined on a plate and then once frozen, transfer to a resealable bag or container.
Store in the freezer for up to 3 months or in the fridge for 5-7 days.
Prepare From Prepped:
- Thaw frozen potatoes overnight in the fridge.
- Place frozen stuffed potatoes on a sheet pan and bake in a preheated to 350*F oven for 15-18 minutes until the cheese is melted and the potato skins have begun to crisp.
Make From Fresh:
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Set the potatoes on a sheet pan, leaving a few inches of space between each potato. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with Kosher salt. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked all the way through and a fork slides easily into the center of a potato. Remove and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Slice the potatoes in half and use a spoon to scrape out the insides of each half into a large bowl. Set the empty skins back on the sheet pan as you do so.
- Add the yogurt, shredded cheese, and pesto to the bowl and mash the potatoes and stir to combine. Spoon the mixture back into each potato.
- Place the pan back in the oven and bake 8-12 minutes or until the skins are crispy and the cheese has melted. Remove and serve warm.