These Chinese-Style Chicken Lettuce Wraps are simple, delicious, and make a fabulous make-ahead meal for busy weeks or weekly meal prep!
Want to know a secret? This is more or less the same sauce I make my 15 Minute Beef and Bok Choy Lo Mein with. Same easy sauce, two delicious dishes- both read in under 20 minutes!
Come on. I can’t get any easier than that.
For a girl who loves her Seamless food delivery app like it’s my third child, even I admit- it’s faster to make each of these dishes sometimes than it is to wait on the delivery guy to scooter on up to my front door.
(And instead of a tip, I just pour myself a glass of wine. #besttipever)
Asian-Style Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Dry Goodsvegetable oil1 tablespoon
chicken broth1/3 cup
soy sauce1/2 cup
sesame oil2 teaspoons
light brown sugar2 teaspoons
oyster sauce3 tablespoons
crushed peanuts1/4 cup
Proteinground chicken1 pound (can sub boneless chicken breast, diced)
Producegarlic2 cloves, minced
Bibb lettuce8 leaves
scallions or green onions4, diced (green parts only)
Spicesground ginger3 teaspoons
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering.
- Add the chicken and cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon or spatula, until it starts to brown.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the sauce ingredients to a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Secure the lid, then shake the contents of the container until the brown sugar and ground ginger have dissolved. Alternatively, you can add the sauce ingredients to a large bowl and then whisk until they are incorporated.
- Pour the sauce into the saucepan and stir to combine with the chicken. Turn the heat to low and simmer, cooking until the sauce has started to reduce a bit and the chicken is cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the heat. Spoon evenly into lettuce cups and top with the peanuts and green onions
Prep it for later:
1. Brown chicken. If using ground chicken, use a spoon to break it up and crumble as it browns.
2. Mix seasoning in large bag or bowl until sugar is dissolved, and add to browned chicken. Store browned chicken and seasoning mixture together in a resealable bag or container.
3. Crush peanuts and dice green onions, combine in a resealable bag or container.
4. Wash and dry lettuce leaves and store in a resealable bag or container.
If freezing: freeze the chicken and seasonings, and the peanuts, and green onions. Do not freeze lettuce leaves.
1 resealable bag or container with browned chicken and seasonings
1 resealable bag or container with crushed peanuts
1 resealable bag or container with green onions
1 resealable bag or container with washed and dried lettuce leaves
Prepare from prepped: If frozen, thaw overnight in the fridge.
1. Add the contents of the chicken and seasonings to a wide saute pan over medium heat.
2. Cook until the liquid is simmering and has cooked down by 1.3, about 10-15 minutes.
3. Spoon chicken and liquid into lettuce leaves, top with crushed peanuts and chopped green onions, and serve.