Try these easy baked chicken meatballs tossed in a garlicky honey mustard sauce for an easy dinner recipe tonight!
Some of you may be familiar with the fact that I am on the constant hunt for foods that are:
These babies (as in, these baked chicken meatballs) fit every step of my criteria above.
For the meatballs:
1 lb ground chicken
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
½ cup milk
For the sauce:
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
⅓ cup creamy dijon mustard
4-5 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Combine all the meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using a spoon or a small dough scooper, scoop the meatballs into balls about 2-3” around. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and place the balls on the sheet, spacing evenly. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cooked through and browned underneath.
- While the meatballs are baking, make the sauce. In a medium-sized saucepan, whisk all the sauce ingredients together over medium heat until combined.
- Bring to a simmer, then turn the heat down to low.
- Cook, stirring often, about 10-12 minutes or until the sugars in the sauce brown, and the sauce is reduced enough to thickly coat the back of a spoon.
- When the meatballs have finished cooking, add them to the sauce and toss gently to coat.