Chocolate, banana, and buttermilk muffins are a lightly sweet and slightly hearty way to start the day! It’s like healthy chocolate cake for breakfast.
Chocolate Banana Buttermilk Muffins
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup semisweet cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs , lightly whisked
- 2 large bananas , mashed (about 1 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350*F. Combine the white and whole wheat flours, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Combine the brown and white sugar, buttermilk, eggs, and bananas and stir until mostly smooth.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet in stages, making sure not to overmix the batter. Place paper liners in a muffin tin, and distribute the batter evenly. Each muffin cup should be about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving.