This easy classic cobb salad is perfect for an easy spring or summer dinner!
It also works great when paired with leftovers, and will rock it as a potluck dish idea.
It’s also just as a classic cobb salad should be – full of different and contrasting textures and flavors, like breaded chicken, sweet cherry tomatoes, sharp bell peppers, hard boiled egg and salty bacon all layered on top of slightly bitter salad greens.
You could change it up any way you wish and add any old leftover protein or salad topping to it as well.
But it’s that buttermilk blue cheese dressing that I feel like drenching my entire life with.
Because, guys, this dressing.
It. is. the BUSINESS.
The buttermilk blue cheese dressing drizzled on a classic cobb is all you’d want from a salad dressing.
It’s cool and creamy, slightly tangy, and studded with chunks of funky blue cheese.
It’s also super simple to make and will keep for ages in your fridge- up to two straight weeks! Make sure it’s tightly covered and kept towards the back, not stored in the door.
And then proceed to just pour it over everything.
It’s that good.Print
- For the chicken:
- 2 boneless (skinless chicken thighs)
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- For the salad:
- 4 cups salad greens
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 2 hard boiled eggs (peeled and diced)
- 6–7 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 5–6 slices bacon (cooked crispy and minced)
- For the dressing:
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese
- Make the chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 375*F. Combine the panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese together in a medium bowl, whisking with a fork. Coat the chicken thighs in melted butter, then roll in the panko breadcrumb and parmesan mixture. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and arrange the chicken thighs side by side. Bake for 15 miinutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Make the salad:
- While the chicken is cooking, arrange the salad. Place the salad greens in the bottom of a large salad bowl, then layer with the rest of the salad toppings, side by side, on top.
- Make the dressing:
- In a large bowl, whisk the buttermilk, mayonnaise and vinegar together until smooth. Fold in the blue cheese crumbs.
- To serve:
- Slice the chicken and add it to the salad. Drizzle the salad with blue cheese dressing and serve immediately.
The buttermilk blue cheese dressing will keep for up to two weeks in the fridge; make sure it’s tightly covered and store it towards the back, where it’s coldest.