A decadent, melty-cheese, creamy version of the easy dinner classic, but ‘baked’ in the crockpot! Yep-
I’m talking Crockpot Baked Ziti. YUM.
Baked ziti is one of our family favorites; it’s comforting and not exactly light in calories.
But you know what makes it even EASIER? A crockpot!
That’s not even the best part. You know what is? You don’t even cook the noodles first; they just go straight in!
Easy Crockpot ‘Baked’ ZitPrint
Easy Crockpot ‘Baked’ Ziti This is a vegetarian version of the dish, but I also add crumbled sausage when we want to tup the protein. Brown 1 lb of sausage and mix with the marinara before using in the recipe.
- 12 ounces ziti or penne noodles
- 2 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces shredded Italian blend cheese
- Line the bottom of the crockpot with aluminum foil.
- Place 1/3 of the dry noodles on the bottom of the pot, then cover and spread with 1/3 of the marinara.
- Dollop 1/3 of the ricotta cheese on top of the marinara, then sprinkle with 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
- Add the next layer using 1/3 of the ingredients, then top with the final 1/3, ending with the shredded cheese on top.
- Secure the lid and cook on low for 4 hours, or until the pasta has cooked all the way through and the cheese has melted.