This 6-ingredient Dark Chocolate Chip and Tahini Cookie is nut-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free!
It’s an easy and simple recipe to make and so tasty.
[updated 8/19/2019] Inspired by peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies, these 6-ingredient cookies are made with tahini paste and rice flour and so delicious and fuss-free, you’d never know they were ‘missing’ so many things!
One of my favorite recipes of all time is an incredibly simple peanut butter cookie my mother would make all the time growing up. That recipe is still one of my go-to cookie recipes, but it’s a hard one to bring to gatherings; there are so many people, especially children, who have food allergies or intolerances. This dark chocolate chip and tahini cookie, happily, is for everyone!
A note about the egg in the recipe: it’s how to batter comes together best, but I’ve also made this cookie with applesauce swapped in, and it still came out great! I used 2 tablespoons applesauce in place of the egg.
I created this dark chocolate chip and tahini cookie to share at a recent business event, which I discussed in my most recent newsletter (are you subscribed yet!?) and it was a huge hit! It’s always exciting when you’ve made something people can enjoy, but doubly so when it’s something that even people with food intolerances or allergies can enjoy as well.
What I love even more about this dark chocolate chip and tahini cookie is that’s it’s so simple!
Unlike some substitution-based food items, this one doesn’t use xantham gum or soy substitutes in place of typical cookie ingredients; the only ‘different’ ingredient is the rice flour.
Tahini, a paste made from sesame seeds, works with the rice flour to make the cookie slightly chewy and give it a rounded, “nutty” flavor, and the dark chocolate chips keep it from being too sweet.
This dark chocolate chip and tahini cookie is practically the perfect cookie, even if I am a little biased. 🙂
Dark Chocolate Chip and Tahini Cookie
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
These super-simple cookies (only 6 ingredients!) are nut-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free!
- 3/4 cup tahini paste
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 rice flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Make From Fresh:
- Preheat the oven to 350*F
- Combine tahini paste, white sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Fit a hand mixer with the double beater attachments and blend the dough on low to medium until completely combined. The batter should look a little loose but will come together easily when squeezed in your fist.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Using a tablespoon-sized scoop, drop the dough onto the pan in rows, leaving roughly 1-2″ between each ball of dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the bottoms of each cookie have lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let rest on the sheet pan until cool enough to handle.
You might also like: