Ready to add this recipe to a prep sesh?
Ready-to-Go Prep Sesh Plans are even color-coded for really simple step-by-step instructions and include ingredient substitution ideas, too.
The best part? They’re just $1.99 each!
Kale Salad with Pomegranate, Farro, and Spicy-Sugared Bacon
- 5-6 strips of thick cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups, packed diced kale, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- 1/3 cup farro grains
- Heat the oven to 350*F.
- Cook the farro on the stovetop, according to the instructions on the package (there is no need to salt the water). Set aside to cool.
- Layer a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil, and spread the bacon evenly on the pan. Mix the brown sugar and chili powder together in a small bowl and spoon evenly on top of the bacon, coating it as much as possible. Bake the bacon for 10-12 minutes or until the bacon has begun to crisp and the sugar is bubbling. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Toss the kale leaves with the olive oil and salt in a large serving bowl. Massage the kale as much as possible- I like to take small handfuls of leaves in my hands and rub them vigorously until all the leaves have been rubbed soft.
- Once the bacon has cooled, roughly chop and toss with the kale.
- Add the pomegranate arils and cooked farro to the salad and toss everything together.
- Season with lemon and salt if desired, and serve.