Producered apple2 small
plain yogurt.5 cup
Spicesapple pie seasoning2 teaspoons
Dry Goodslight brown sugar1 tablespoon
chia seeds4 tablespoons
Make these grab and go breakfast bowls the night before! Chill them in the fridge overnight and then grab and go in the morning. Adding antioxidant-rich chia seed to the yogurt will bulk it up and help you stay fuller for longer.
- Remove the core from the apples and cut them into small dice.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, then add the apples, apple pie seasoning and brown sugar.
- Stir to combine and let cook until the apples have softened and the mixture is starting to break down, about 10 minutes.
- While the apples are cooking, divide the yogurt into 4 bowls.
- Stir 1 tablespoon of chia seeds into each bowl until combined.
- When the apple have cooked, remove from the heat and spoon onto the yogurt bowls.
- Serve immediately.
Prep it for later:
Follow instructions in Steps 1-3. When the cooked apples are cool enough to handle, transfer to a resealable bag or container.
Cooked apples will store in the fridge for up to 3 days, and the freezer for up to 3 months.
1 bag or container of cooked apple mixture
Prepare from prepped:
1. Thaw ingredients as necessary.
2. Heat the apples on the stovetop gently over medium heat, stirring often, until heated through. Alternatively, heat them in the microwave in batches of 20 to 30 seconds on high, stirring the apples in between each time.
3. Follow the instructions in Steps 4-6, then serve.