Proteinhangar steak1 pound
Producecremini mushrooms8 ounces
bok choy1 large head (or 4-5 small)
Dry Goodssoy sauce.25 cup
sesame oil2 teaspoons
light brown sugar2 teaspoons
oyster sauce3 tablespoons
beef broth.33 cup
udon noodles12 ounces
vegetable oil1 tablespoon
Spicesground ginger3 teaspoons
Lo mein is traditionally made with wheat flour based noodles, which means substituting regular old pasta-aisle noodles will work just as well as finding specialty noodles in the Asian aisle. Try to use angel hair or spaghettini (thin spaghetti) noodles; they won’t suck up as much sauce and keep the texture well-balanced. If you can’t find large bok choy, substitute about 4-5 heads of baby bok choy.
- Slice the beef thinly, against the grain, and set aside.
- Cut the mushrooms and bok choy and set aside.
- Mince the garlic and set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package, then drain and set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, mix the soy sauce, minced garlic, brown sugar, ground ginger, and oyster sauce together in a small bowl until the sugar and ground ginger has dissolved. Stir in the beef broth.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Heat until the oil is hot and shimmering.
- Add the beef to the pan and sear brown on both sides.
- Add the mushrooms and bok choy to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms have started to soften and the bok choy is beginning to wilt, about 3 minutes.
- Add the sauce mixture and stir to combine, then bring to a simmer.
- Add the noodles to the pan and stir to combine. Let cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5-8 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly and the mushrooms have softened all the way through.
- Remove and serve hot.
Prep it for later:
1. Slice the beef thinly, if necessary, and transfer to a resealable bag or container
2. Slice the mushrooms and bok choy and transfer to a resealable bag or container.
3. Combine the sauce until the sugar and ground ginger and store in a resealable container.
The ingredients will store in the fridge for up to 4 days. The beef and sauce will store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Do not freeze the mushrooms.
1. 1 bag or container of sliced beef
1. 1 bag or container of mixed sauce
3. 1 bag or container of sliced mushrooms and bok choy
Prepare from prepped:
1. Thaw the ingredients as necessary
2. Cook the ingredients according to the instructions in Steps 4-11.