Producebutternut squash1 large
curly kale2 large bunches
Dry Goodsolive oil.25 cups
table salt3 teaspoons
rigatoni pasta12 ounces
Dairywhole milk ricotta4 ounces
This creamy, texture-heavy dish combines chewy and creamy textures with sweet and nutty flavor profiles. It’s all topped with a delicious dollop of creamy ricotta cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 450*.
- While the oven is preheating, peel the squash and slice in half. Scoop out the seeds, and cut the squash into large dice.
- Spread the squash on a large rimmed sheet pan and toss with olive oil and a healthy sprinkle of salt.
- Place the squash in the oven and roast 35-45 minutes, or until soft and cooked through and beginning to brown. Remove from oven and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- While the squash is roasting, slice away the thick stems from the kale and roughly chop the leaves.
- Toss the kale with olive oil and a healthy sprinkle of salt, and spread evenly on a rimmed sheet pan.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- When the butternut squash is roasted and removed from the oven, add the kale. Roast for 8-10 minutes or until the edges have begun to crisp and the kale has wilted and softened. Remove from the oven and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Toss the pasta, roasted butternut squash, and roasted kale together in a large bowl. Taste and season with more salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with dollops of cold ricotta cheese on top
Prep it for later:
1. Peel and dice the butternut squash, and roast according to the instructions in Steps 1-4. Transfer to a resealable bag or container.
2. Cut and roast the kale according to the instructions in Steps 5-6. Transfer to a resealable bag or container.
Store the roasted squash and cooked kale in the fridge for up to 5 days. Do not freeze (it won’t thaw well!)
1 resealable bag or container of cooked squash
1 bag or container of cooked kale
Prepare from prepped:
1. Thaw the ingredients asd necessary.
2. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package, then drain and set aside.
3. While the paste is cooking, reheat the butternut squash and kale either by heating over low heat in a saucepan, or in the microwave.
4. Toss the butternut squash and kale with the pasta, then top with ricotta pasta. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.