Producebrussels sprout1 pound
Dry Goodspistachios1/2 cup
This brussels sprouts recipe is great with the crunchy and sweet-salty blend of crumbled bacon and crushed pistachios, but if you don’t eat meat, it’s just as good with no bacon as it is with. If you’re making this dish with no bacon, toss the sliced brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons olive oil prior to roasting, to substitute for the lack of bacon grease to cook with.
- Preheat the oven to 400*F and line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Arrange the bacon on the sheet pan, side by side.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake 8-10 minutes until the bacon is crispy.
- Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and allow to cool and drain. When bacon is cool enough to handle, chop finely.
- While the bacon is cooking, use a sharp knife to trim the ends of the brussels sprouts and then slice each sprout in half.
- Once the bacon is out of the oven and transferred to the paper-towel lined plate, add the brussels sprouts to the same pan (without cleaning the pan first) and toss gently with tongs to coat the sprouts in the grease.
- Place the pan back in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the brussels sprouts have begun to brown.
- Once the sprouts have cooked, transfer from the pan to a serving bowl. Add the chopped bacon and crushed pistachios and toss to combine. Serve warm.
Prep it for later:
1. Cook the bacon as directed, drain on paper towels, and chop finely.
2. Add chopped bacon to a large resealable bag or container.
3. Add the crushed pistachios to the bag and shake to combine.
4. In a separate bag, add the trimmed and halved brussels sprouts.
Freeze both bags for up to 3 months or for 5-7 days in the fridge.
1 bag or container with finely chopped cooked bacon and crushed pistachios
1 bag or container with trimmed and halved brussels sprouts.
Prepare from prepped: If frozen, thaw the sprouts and cooked bacon in the fridge overnight.
1. Preheat the oven to 400*F.
2. Toss the brussels sprouts in 2 tablespoons olive oil, and spread on a sheet pan in an even layer.
3. Roast the brussels sprouts until browned, then toss in a large bowl while hot with the finely chopped bacon and crushed pistachios.