Dry GoodsVeeTee prepackaged Spicy Spanish Rice1 package (or see instructions for making from scratch)
Italian-style breadcrumbs1 cup
vegetable oil3 tablespoons
queso blanco3 ounces
Crispy Spanish Rice ‘Arancini’ is spicy Spanish rice studded with melty cheese and coasted in crispy breadcrumbs; make this simple appetizer recipe for a party this holiday season- or any time of the year!
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, egg, and cheese. Use your hands or a large spoon to mix and combine thoroughly.
- In a large stainless steel pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Pour the breadcrumbs onto a plate. Using our hands or a small handheld ice cream scoop, scoop the rice mixture and roll into balls. Toss the balls in the breadcrumbs until coated, then place carefully in the hot oil.
- Fry, turning the balls in the oil until they are browned on all sides.
- Place cooked balls on a plate lined with paper towel to drain off any excess grease, then serve hot.
If you don’t have prepackaged VeeTee Spicy Spanish Rice on hand:
1 cup long grain white rice
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cup chicken broth
Pinch cayenne pepper
- Cook the rice and tomato paste together over medium heat, stirring often, until the rice starts to lightly brown and crisp, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and cover. Turn heat to low.
- Cook, 12-15 minutes until the rice is cooked through and soft, and the chicken broth has cooked away.
- Season with cayenne pepper.
Prep it for later:
1. If you don’t have prepackaged VeeTee Spicy Spanish Rice, follow the instructions to make your own rice. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a resealable bag or container.
2. Crumble the queso blanco, if needed
Cooked rice with store for up to 4 days in the fridge, and up to 3 months in the freezer.
1 bag or container of cooked rice, if needed
1 bag or container of crumbled queso, if needed
Prepare from prepped:
1. Thaw ingredients as necessary.
2. Follow the instructions in Steps 1-5. Serve warm.