Dry Goodslong-grain white rice2 cups, cooked
black beans1 cup, cooked
chunky salsa.5 cup
chicken broth.5 cup
Produceonion1 large, diced
garlic3 cloves, minced
Dairyshredded cheddar cheese2 cups
This recipe starts off with already-cooked rice, which I like to make ahead of time and then store until the day of cooking. Our favorite is regular old Rice-a-Roni or Uncle Ben’s, but you can use anything you’ve got on hand or prefer. You can use any type of salsa here, although chunky works best; use hot, medium, or mild.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Stir together cooked rice, black beans, corn, diced onions, garlic, and salsa in a large oven-safe dish until combined.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Place dish in oven and bake 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
1. Cook rice. When cool to the touch, store in the fridge for up to 4 days. 2. Dice onions and mince garlic. 3. If desired, combine cooked rice, black beans, corn, salsa, chicken broth, onions, and garlic in a large resealable container. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.