Dry Goodsblack or green olives1 cup, pitted
Kosher salt1/4 teaspoon
freshly cracked pepper1/4 teaspoon
extra-virgin olive oil3 tablespoon
fresh oregano1 tablespoon
ground garlic1 teaspoon
Proteinboneless, skinless chicken thigh2 pounds
Dairycrumbled feta1 cup
After 4 years, this is one of my more enduring, popular recipes- and for good reason! It packs a ton of flavor into a super quick recipe. Sometimes I’ll add in chopped red onion or roasted cherry tomatoes for a little sweetness, too, so feel free to do that as well. I love serving this chicken dish over a bowl of greens, or with a starchy salad on the side like tabbouleh or seasoned farro grains.
Make it from fresh:
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Chop the pitted olives roughly and transfer to a large bowl.
- Trim the ends off the eggplant, and dice into pieces about 1” square.
- Add the seasonings, chicken, and olive oil to the bowl and toss everything until well coated.
- Spread the contents of the bowl onto a sheet pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the eggplant is thoroughly soft and cooked through, and beginning to brown.
- Remove and sprinkle evenly with crumbled feta, then serve.
Prep it for later:
1. Prepare olives and eggplant according to the instructions, then transfer to a large resealable bag or container.
2. Add the remaining ingredients except for the feta and toss or shake until coated evenly.
These items, including the feta, will last for up to 2 months in the freezer. The chicken and eggplant mixture will last for 3-4 days in the fridge.
1 bag or container with all prepared ingredients except for the crumbled feta.
Prepare from prepped:.
1. Preheat the oven to 350*F.
2. Spread the contents of the bag or container on a sheet pan in an even layer.
3. Place pan in the oven and bake 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the eggplant has thoroughly softened and cooked through and is beginning to brown.
4. Remove from the oven and sprinkle evenly with crumbled feta.
5. Serve hot.