Dry Goodsblack or green olives8 ounces (pitted)
spray canola oil
Proteinground chicken2 pounds
Spicesground mustard1 teaspoon
freshly cracked pepper12 teaspoon
Dairyswiss cheese slices
Start with pitted green olives to save yourself the hassle of pitting them. If you don’t feel like chopping them by hand, toss them in the food processor and pulse until they’re roughly diced. Don’t feel the need to go with fancy green olives here; plain ole’ martini olives will work great
For the black pepper mayo, taste as you go. The black pepper flavor can sneak up on you and overwhelm the condiment! Grind the pepper using a hand or electric pepper grinder; the flavor will be so much better than pre-ground black pepper.When you’re grilling, make sure to oil up the grill pan or grates before you add the patties. Despite the olives adding moisture, chicken burgers still don’t have a ton of fat in them. That means they lack grease, which means they have a tendency to stick to the grill. Adding oil will help when you flip halfway through.
- Chop the olive roughly and add to a large bowl with the ground chicken and ground mustard. Use your hands or a wooden spoon to mix thoroughly.
- Heat a barbecue grill or cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Form the chicken mixture into patties.
- Spray the grill with oil, then place the patties on the grill, leaving an inch or so of room between each.
- Grill 3-4 minutes, then flip. Top each patty with a slice of swiss cheese.
- While the second side is grilling, mix together the mayonnaise and black pepper in a small bowl.
- After the chicken patties have cooked all the way through, remove from the grill and place each on a bun. Top each patty with a dollop of black pepper mayo and serve.
Prep it for later:
1. Follow the instructions in Step 1 to make the burger mixture. Transfer to a resealable bag or container.
Store burger mixture in the fridge for up to 2 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
1 bag or container of burger mixture
Prepare from prepped:
1. Thaw ingredients as necessary.
2. Form patties, and follow the instructions in Steps 2-7