Dry Goodscreamy peanut butter3 tablespoons
soy sauce1/3 cup
coconut milk1/2 cup
unseasoned rice vinegar3 tablespoons
sesame oil3 teaspoons
white rice2 cups, cooked
Spicesground garlic3 teaspoons
ground ginger3 teaspoons
white pepper1 1/2 teaspoons
Proteinboneless, skinless chicken thigh2 pounds, sliced into strips
Producelime juice1/2 cup
cilantro2 tablespoons, chopped
This chicken recipe is an all-time favorite of my kids. You can use creamy or chunky peanut butter here- both will work well. If you don’t have white pepper, use half as much in crushed black pepper. If your market sells chicken tenderloins, they’re a great cut instead of plain chicken breasts, which you’ll have to cut anyway. This dish is great the next day stuffed in a pita with some greens as a salad.
- Combine the chicken satay ingredients in a large bag or bowl and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate while you prepare the rice.
- Rinse the rice under cold water until the water runs clear, then transfer the rinsed rice to a pot with a tight fitting lid.
- Add 4 cups of water and the lime juice to the pot, then bring to a boil, covered.
- Remove the lid and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until all the liquid has cooked off and the rice is cooked through.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro.
- While the rice is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable or canola oil in a large saute pan over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add the chicken to the pan, side by side, and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on each side and cooked through. You may have to work in batches.
- Serve the chicken with the rice on the side.
Prep it for later:
1. Combine the satay ingredients and the chicken in a large resealable bag or container and toss to coat.
2. Prepare the rice as directed and stir in the cilantro. Transfer to and store in a resealable bag or container.
1 bag or container of chicken and satay ingredients
1 bag or container of cooked lime and cilantro rice.
Prepare from prepped:
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable or canola oil in a large saute pan over medium heat until shimmering.
2. Add the chicken to the pan, side by side, and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on each side and cooked through. You may have to work in batches.
3. Heat the lime cilantro rice and serve alongside the cooked chicken.