Proteinboneless, skinless chicken thigh2 pounds
Dairywhole milk ricotta16 ounces
cream cheese4 ounces, room temperature
Producegarlic4 cloves, minced
lemon zest2 tablespoons
lemon juice2 tablespoons
Dry Goodstable salt1/4 teaspoon
freshly cracked pepper1/8 teaspoon
Italian-style breadcrumbs1 cup
This weeknight dinner makes great leftovers, is super family-friendly, and it’s one of my personal favorites for dropping off on the front steps of a friend in need! You can use any breadcrumbs you wish- I always recommend crispy panko, but regular breadcrumbs work, as well. If you don’t have cream cheese, sour cream is a good substitute- or you can use extra ricotta cheese. I’ll also sometimes add a little ground mustard powder into the ricotta mixture for a change-up in the flavor, too.
- Preheat the oven to 375*F.
- Pound the chicken breasts thin, to about ½” thick.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, cream cheese, garlic, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl and whisk with a fork until the cream cheese is smooth and combined.
- Line a large sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Whisk the eggs until smooth in a wide bowl. Place the seasoned breadcrumbs in another wide bowl, and set the bowls next to each other
- Open up the pounded chicken, and spread evenly with 1-2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture. Roll the chicken up, then dip in the egg, then the breadcrumbs, and place the rolled chicken on the pan.
- Continue in this way with each piece of chicken, dividing the ricotta mixture evenly throughout, until all the chicken has been stuffed and breaded.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake 18-20 minutes, until the breadcrumbs have browned and the chicken is cooked through, to a temp of 165*F.
Prep it for later:
1. Pound the chicken thin and transfer to a resealable bag or container.
2. Mix the ricotta, cream cheese, garlic, lemon, salt, and pepper and store in a resealable bag or container.
You will need:
1 bag or container of pounded thin chicken breasts
1 bag or container of ricotta mixture
Prepare from prepped:
1. Preheat the oven to 375*F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Whisk the eggs smooth in a wide bowl.
3. Place the seasoned breadcrumbs in another wide bow and set the bowls next to each other.
4. Roll up the chicken with the ricotta mixture and then dip in the eggs and breadcrumbs, following the instructions in steps 6-8.