Dry Goodsolive oil2 tablespoons
black beans14-ounces can, drained
table salt1/4 teaspoon
8-inch flour tortilla8-10
Producetomatillos8-10, papery skins removed
lime juice2 tablespoons
cilantro1/4 cup chopped
Spicesground cumin1/2 teaspoon
Dairyshredded Mexican blend cheese12 ounces
Proteincooked chicken2 cups
Make It From Fresh:
- Make the salsa verde: Halve the tomatillos. Heat the olive oil over medium heat until shimmering, then add the tomatillos and cook, stirring occasionally, until they have started to brown and soften. Add the lime juice and cilantro and stir to combine. Transfer to a food processor or blender and process until smooth, then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Roll the enchiladas: In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, black beans, salt, and cumin. Stir to mix.
- Place 1/2 cup of chicken and black bean mixture in the center of a flour tortilla and roll the tortilla around the mixture in a long cylinder. Transfer the tortilla cylinders to a 9″x13″ baking dish, nestling them next to each other in one long row.
- Once all the tortillas have been rolled and placed in the dish, pour the salsa verde over the tortillas, using a spoon to smooth the salsa verde into any cracks and crevices.
- Sprinkle the enchiladas evenly with cheese and place the dish in the oven.
- Bake until the cheese has melted and is bubbly, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
Prep it for later:
1. Make the salsa verde: Halve the tomatillos. Heat the olive oil over medium heat until shimmering, then add the tomatillos and cook, stirring occasionally, until they have started to brown and soften.
2. Add the lime juice and cilantro and stir to combine.
3. Transfer to a food processor or blender and process until smooth, then set aside.
4. If needed, cook and shred the chicken.
5. If needed, cook and drain the black beans.
1 bag or container of prepared salsa verde.
1 bag or container of shredded chicken.
1 bag or container of cooked and drained black beans.
Prepare from prepped:
1. Thaw any ingredients as needed, and then proceed with the instructions from making the meal from fresh.