Proteinflank steak1.5 pounds
Dry Goodsolive oil3 tablespoons + 2 tablespoons
balsamic vinegar3 tablespoons
Produceonion1 large, sliced thin
sweet potato2 pounds
cilantro1 small bunch
flat-leaf parsley1 small bunch
fresh oregano1/4 cup
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat until shimmering, then add the sliced onions.
- Cook onions, stirring often, until soft and beginning to brown- about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400*F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Spread the sliced sweet potatoes onto the sheet pan in an even layer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Kosher salt.
- Place the pan in the oven and back 12-15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes have browned and are softened all the way through. Remove and set aside until serving.
- While the onions and sweet potatoes are cooking, cook the steak.
- Add the herb blend ingredients to the blender or food processor. Blend, pausing occasionally to scrape the sides, and adding more olive oil if necessary to make a thick, combined paste.
- Preheat a cast iron pan over high heat until smoking.
- Spread half the herb blend on one side of the steak.
- Place the steak, herb blend down, on the pan. Spread the remaining herb blend on top.
- Cook the steak, turning occasionally, until it’s cooked to your desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from the pan and serve with sweet potatoes and onions.
Prep it for later:
1. Make the herb blend and transfer to a resealable bag or container.
2. Slice the sweet potatoes and transfer to a resealable bag or container.
3. Slice the onions and transfer to a resealable bag or container.
1 bag or container of herb blend
1 bag or container of sliced sweet potatoes
1 bag or container of sliced onions.
Prepare from prepped:
1. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat until shimmering, and add the sliced onions.
2. Cook the onions until softened and beginning to brown, about 20 minutes.
3. While the onions are cooking, start the sweet potatoes.
4. Preheat the oven to 400*F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
5. Spread the sweet potatoes on the sheet pan in an even layer and drizzle with olive oil and kosher salt.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until starting to brown and softened all the way through.
7. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, and about 10 minutes before the onions are ready, start cooking the steak.
8. Heat a cast iron pan over high heat until smoking.
9. Spread the steak with half the herb blend and place the steak, herb side down, on the pan.
10. Spread the other half of the herb blend on the top of the steak.
11. Cook the steak,turning occasionally, until it is cooked to your desired doneness.