Producerusset potato2 pounds
whole milk.5 cup
Dry Goodstable salt.5 teaspoons
Creamy, garlicky, super easy mashed potatoes- made entirely in your slow cooker! Free up your oven or just make this simple side when you’re not at home.
- Peel the potatoes and slice into large chunks.
- Lightly smash the garlic to break the papery outsides, then peel the cloves.
- Add the potatoes, garlic, butter, salt and water to a 4 or 6 quart slow cooker and secure the lid.
- Cook on low for 3 hours.
- When the potatoes are ready, remove the lid and add the milk.
- Mash the potatoes until creamy and serve.
Prep it for later:
1. Peel potatoes and slice into large chunks.
2. Lightly smash garlic cloves to break up the skin, which then gets discarded.
3. Combine the potatoes and garlic in a large resealable bag or container. If using a bag, press out as much air as you can to avoid any discoloring of the potatoes.
The chopped potatoes will last for about 2 days in the fridge. Some discoloration may occur, but will not affect taste.
1 bar or container of chopped potatoes and garlic
Prepare from prepped:
1. Combine the chopped potatoes and garlic with butter, salt, and water to the slow cooker.
2. Cook according to the instructions in Steps 4-6