Produceokra6 medium-large pieces
onion1 large, diced
garlic2 cloves, minced
celery2 stalks, diced
red bell pepper1 deseeded and diced
Proteinsmoked sausage1 pound, diced
boneless, skinless chicken breast1 pound
Dry Goodstomato paste1 tablespoon
diced tomatoes1 14-ounce can
raw shrimp1 pound, peeled
white rice1 cup, long-grain
VeeTee prepackaged long grain white rice1 package
Spicescajun seasoning1 tablespoon
This easy weeknight crockpot recipe calls for prepackaged VeeTee long grain rice, which can be purchased here on Amazon (aff link). If none is available, substitute long grain dry rice (see instructions below)
- Place all ingredients except for shrimp and rice in a large slow cooker and secure the lid.
- Cook on high for 3 hours, low for 5, until the chicken shreds easily and the vegetables are soft.
If using VeeTee prepackaged rice:
- 15 minutes before serving, add the shrimp and rice and stir to combine.
- Cook until the shrimp has turned pink and no clear parts remain, and the rice is soft and cooked through.
If using plain dry rice:
3. Add rice 25 minutes prior to serving and stir to combine.
4. Add the shrimp 15 minutes prior to serving and cook until pink and cooked, and no clear remains, and the rice is cooked through and soft.
Prep it for later:
1. Combine all prepared ingredients, except for rice, in large freezer-safe bag or container.
Freeze for up to 3 months.
1 bag or container of prepared ingredients, except for rice
Prepare from prepped:
1. Thaw ingredients as necessary.
2. Add ingredients to Slow Cooker and add lid. Cook, according to instructions for prepackaged par-cooked rice or dry rice.