Dry GoodsThai green curry paste4 tablespoons
peanut oil1 tablespoon
coconut milk15 ounce can
Producered bell pepper1 large
fresh ginger1 ounce
snow peas2 cups
cilantro to taste
red chili peppers to taste
The instructions for this Thai-style green curry pulled pork calls for slow-cooking that pork for up to 6 hours; it’s a set-it and forget-it kind of meal. Jazz mine up with charred vegetables, cooked with little to no oil on the stovetop until they start to blacken.
- Slice the bell pepper into strips and set aside.
- Peel and mince the ginger.
- Smash the garlic cloves with the sides of a knife.
- Remove the stems from the cilantro and roughly chop the leaves.
- Slice the chilis into thin rings.
- Add the curry paste to a medium-sized saucepan and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until it is fragrant and the color is beginning to deepen.
- Add the paste to the slow cooker, then return the pan to the heat. Deglaze the pan with ¼ cup of water, scraping up as much from the bottom of the pan as you can. Add this to the slow cooker, also.
- Wipe the pan clean and add the peanut oil, heating until shimmering. Add the ginger, bell pepper and snow peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have started to brown.
- Place the vegetables, coconut milk and pork in the slow cooker and add the lid. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 6.
- When the pork is done cooking, shred it gently in the sauce. Stir everything in the slow cooker until combined, then serve on top of cooked white rice, with fresh cilantro and sliced chiles for garnish.
Prep it for later:
1. Slice the pepper and smash the ginger and garlic. Brown the vegetables according to the instructions in step 8. Once browned, store in a resealable bag or container.
2. Make the sauce base according to the instructions in Steps 6-7. Transfer to a resealable container.
Store the vegetables and prepared sauce base in the fridge for up to 1 week. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
1 bag or container of prepared vegetables.
1 bag or container of prepared sauce base.
Prepare from prepped:
1. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and follow instructions in steps 9-10.
2. Serv with cooked rice, adding the chopped cilantro and sliced chilis for garnish.