Producespaghetti squash1 large
button mushrooms8 ounces, sliced
garlic2 cloves, minced
Dry Goodsolive oil2 tablespoon
table salt.5 teaspoon
Dairybutter.25 cup, melted
grated parmesan.5 cup
shredded Italian blend cheese.5 cup
This spaghetti squash casserole technically counts as a weeknight meal, since the dish itself comes together in under 30 minutes.
However, spaghetti squash needs to roast in the oven for about 45 minutes to an hour before you can remove those delicious strands. On a busy weeknight, I’m betting you ain’t got time for that. So I recommend roasting the squash one night and making the casserole the next. Or, if you’re feeling like truly giving your future self a high five, roast a couple of squashes and then freeze the cooked strands. They’ll keep for up to three months in the freezer when tightly covered.
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half and lay the open slices on a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil, skin side down.
- Evenly drizzle the spaghetti squash with olive oil.
- Evenly sprinkle the spaghetti squash with salt.
- Roast the spaghetti squash for 35-50 minutes, depending on the size of the squash. The squash is ready when the insides are soft and fork tender.
- Remove the squash and set aside until cool enough to handle. Use a fork to scrape the longs strands of squash from the inside, leaving only the skin behind.
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti squash, mushrooms, butter, garlic and parmesan cheese. Toss to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a large ovenproof casserole dish, at least 4QTs (9″x13″)
- Top the spaghetti squash mixture with the shredded Italian blend cheese, spreading the cheese evenly.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until the mushrooms have cooked through and the melted cheese has lightly browned and is bubbling.
- Remove and let cool slightly before serving.
Prep it for later:
1. Prepare the squash according to the instructions 1-5
2. Combine the cooked spaghetti squash with mushrooms, butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese.
3. Transfer to a resealable bag or container.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or the freezer for up to 3 months.
1 bag or container of cooked squash, mushrooms, butter, and parmesan cheese
1 bag or container of shredded Italian blend cheese
Prepare from prepped:
1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. Thaw ingredients as necessary and transfer to a graded 9x13” casserole dish
3. Top with shredded Italian blend cheese and bake 20-25 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked through and the gouda cheese is lightly browned and bubbling.