Producesweet potato2 large
red onion1 large, sliced thin
Dry Goodsolive oil2 tablespoons
Israeli (pearled) couscous1 cup
chicken broth1 cup
apple cider vinegar2 tablespoons
Proteinboneless, skinless chicken thigh1.5 pounds
This simple one pot meal goes from stovetop to tabletop in under 30 minutes! Feel free to sub chicken breasts for chicken thighs.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan until shimmering. Add the sweet potatoes and onions, cover the pan, and cook 5-8 minutes until the sweet potatoes have begun to soften.
- Liberally sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper, then push the sweet potatoes and onions to one side of the pan. Place the chicken thighs on the pan and sear until lightly brown, about 2-3 minutes each side. You may have to work in batches.
- Once the chicken is seared, add in the couscous and chicken broth.
- Combine the apple cider vinegar and honey in a small bowl and whisk to combine, then add to the pan.
- Cover tightly with the lid and turn the heat to low. Cook, 15-20 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are cooked through, the couscous is soft and chewy, and the chicken is cooked through and no pink remains.
Prep it for later:
1. Chop sweet potatoes and onions.
2. Combine the apple cider vinegar and honey in a small resealable container until smooth.
Sweet potatoes and onions will store up to 3 days in the fridge. If frozen, sweet potatoes may discolor- but it’s possible to freeze successfully if you squeeze out any excess air from a resealable bag before freezing.
1 bag or container of chopped sweet potatoes and onions
1 small sealed container of apple cider vinegar and honey, mixed
Prepare from prepped:
1. Thaw ingredients as necessary.
2. Follow instructions in the original recipe.