Proteinground beef2 pounds
Producepoblano pepper5 large
garlic4 cloves, minced
Dairyshredded cheddar cheese2 cups
Dry Goodstaco seasoning1 packet
I love the mild, peppry flavor of poblanos, but you can use bell peppers or even those big jalapeno peppers in this recipe, too.
The recipe below calls for cheddar cheese, but jack cheddar or Monterey jack works, too!
Make sure to serve the taco-stuff peppers with your fave taco toppings and sere a Fiesta Rice & Beans Cheesy Casserole on the side.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat until shimmering, then add the onions and cook until they’ve started to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir to combine, then add the ground beef.
- Stir together, breaking the beef up as it cooks and browns. Once the beef i mostly cooked, stir in the taco seasoning.
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Slice the peppers open and discard any seeds, stems, and ribs. Lay the peppers side by side in a 9″x13″ casserole dish.
- Stuff the peppers with the taco meat, then cover with shredded cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until the peppers have softened through and the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
1. Follow the instructions in Steps 1-3 until the beef is cooked through. 2. When cool enough to handle, transfer the beef to a resealable bag or container. 3. Store for up to 4 days. 4. When ready to cook, follow the instructions in steps 4-7