Dry Goodsvegetable oil
scallions or green onions
SpicesThai red curry paste
This soup is similar to a soup I order all the time from my favorite Thai restaurant. It’s simple, comforting, and has a bright mix of flavors. This soup can easily be made in the slow cooker or on the stovetop, especially if you’re using pre-cooked chicken. You can cook the chicken separately, or peel it off a rotisserie chicken (my favorite way!).
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat until shimmering, then add the onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Stir to mix, and let cook until the garlic has lightened in color and turned fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, chicken, and Thai red curry paste and stir to mix.
- Add the liquid ingredients and bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer.
- Let cook 15-20 minutes.
- Top with diced scallions before serving.
Slow cooker instructions
- Add the ingredients, except for the green onions, to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Secure the lid and cook 1-2 hours on low.
- Serve topped with the green onions.
Prep it for later:
1. Chop the onions, garlic, and mushrooms, and grate the ginger. Transfer all to a resealable bag or container.
2. Shred the chicken, or pull form a rotisserie-cooked bird, and transfer to a resealable bag or container.
3. Dice the scallions and transfer to a resealable bag or container
1 bag or container of chopped vegetables.
1 bag or container of shredded chicken
1 bag or container of diced scallions
Prepare from prepped: For the stovetop:
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat until shimmering, then add the onions, garlic, ginger, and mushrooms.
2. Stir to cook, then add the chicken and remaining ingredients.
3. Stir to mix, then bring to a boil.
4. Lower heat to a simmer and cook 15-20 minutes.
5. Top with diced scallions before serving. For the slow cooker:
1. Add the ingredient to the slow cooker and stir to cook.
2. Secure the lid and cook 1-2 hours on low.
3. Serve topped with green onions.