Dry Goodsvegetable oil1 tablespoon
fish sauce1.5 teaspoon
Thai chili paste.5 teaspoon
Producered onion1 small
lemongrass paste1 tablespoon
lime juice3 tablespoon
fresh basil6 leaves
Extra Itemsjasmine rice4 cups (cooked)
Thai Larb Gai is a traditional meal from Laos, an area in Thailand. On your typical Western-style Thai restaurant menu, it’s usually served as seasoned ground meat with red onions and other veggies, on a bed of lettuce and drizzled with a bright and zesty lime dressing. These Thai-style rice bowls make an awesome meal prep recipe for beginners, and they come together quickly. Plus, they taste even better as the week goes on!
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Dice onions, and cook in the oil over medium heat until they have started to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Mince the garlic and add to the onions with the lemongrass paste and stir, cooking until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and stir until melted, then immediately add the pork to the pan. Cook, breaking the pork up with a wooden spoon as it browns until the pork is cooked through completely and no pink parts remain.
- While the pork is cooking, combine the lime juice, basil, fish sauce and (optional) Thai chili paste in a small bowl, stirring to mix.
- After the pork is cooked through, remove the pan from heat and stir in the lime juice mixture.
- Divide the rice into four meal prep containers (or bowls, if serving immediately). Top each container with an even amount of the pork mixture.
- Cool to room temperature, then store, tightly covered and in the refrigerator, for up to 4 days.
Prep it for later:
1. Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package. When cool enough to handle, divide into resealable container(s)
2. Make the pork mixture according to the instructions in Steps 2-6. Top the cooked rice with the cooked pork mixture.
The prepped ingredients will store for up to 5 days in the fridge, and up to 3 months in the freezer.
1 to 4 resealable containers of prepared rice and pork mixture
Prepare from prepped:
1. That ingredients as necessary.
2. Reheat the pork and rice mixture and serve.