baby spinach2 handfuls
Spicesred pepper flakes 1/8 teaspoon
Dry Goodschicken broth3 cups
Refrigerated Itemspackaged cheese tortellini9 ounces
This soup is so easy it almost feels like cheating; with just a few handfuls of ingredients and a box of stock, you’ve got a flavorful soup comes together quickly and is so flavorful! Crumbled sausage is a nice addition to this soup, if you have some on hand. If you’ve got fresh tortellini and diced kale, all the merrier; but I also keep both in my freezer so that this soup can be pulled together in a pinch.
- Peel and dice the onion, and dice the carrots and celery and set aside.
- Mince the garlic and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat butter over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions and carrots have softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir to combine, cooking until the garlic has whitened and become fragrant about 1-3 minutes.
- Add the corn and the spinach and stir to wilt the spinach, about 3-5 minutes.
- Once the spinach has wilted, pour in the chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Add the tortellini and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with grated parmesan cheese.