Dry Goodsolive oil
freshly cracked pepper
This is a rainbow on a sheet pan 🙂
All the root vegetables in this recipe need to be sliced good and thin so they cook at the same rate. I recommend using a mandolin or a wide blade grater (like you may find on one side of a box grater).
If your beet slices are rather large, cut them in half so they are closer to bite-sized.
If you can’t find ground mustard, use 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard, instead.
- Preheat the oven to 450*F.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced cabbage, parsnips, and beets with the olive oil and salt until lightly coated.
- Transfer contents of the bowl to the sheet pan in an even layer, then roast for 15-18 minutes, until the vegetables have started to soften and brown.
- Remove from the oven and add the ground pepper, mustard, and smoked paprika, and toss to combine. Serve warm or cold.
Prep it for later:
1. Slice or grate the vegetables and toss with remaining ingredients in a large resealable bag or container until thoroughly mixed.
Store in the freezer for up to 3 months, or in the fridge for 7-10 days.
(Once thawed, I recommend cooking a little longer than you would from fresh to accommodate for the extra moisture that accumulates from the freezing and thawing.)
1 bag with sliced vegetables and remaining ingredients
Prepare from prepped: If frozen, thaw in the fridge overnight.
1. Preheat oven to 400*F and spread contents of the bag on one sheet pan in an even layer.
2. Roast for 18-22 minutes or until the vegetables have started to soften and brown.