Dry Goodsvegetable oil
Extra Itemswhite or brown rice
This is a great recipe to make when you have some leftover proteins or vegetables on hand, like chicken or cooked broccoli. If I don’t have any cooked vegetables on hand, thaw frozen ones; they’ll be soft enough to cook quickly in the rice. Make sure to use cooked rice that is at least a day old when using this recipe; once the rice is dried out slightly, it will fry up without getting gummy. If you’re not a fan or kimchi or don’t have any on hand- don’t worry!
This recipe is great with or without the kimchi. I love to top my fried rice with a sunny side up egg- I recommend trying it that way when you serve it!
- Combine vegetable oil and sesame oil and heat until shimmering in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and carrots and cook until the onions have gone translucent and the carrots have softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the rice and break apart with a wooden spoon. Toast the rice, stirring occasionally, about 3-5 minutes or until it has started to brown.
- Add the kimchi, garlic, ginger powder, peas and broccoli and cook, stirring to combine, another 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables have heated through.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Prep it for later:
1. Cook the rice and let cool, then transfer to a resealable bag or container.
2. Cook any vegetables or proteins you want to use in the rice, then transfer to a resealable bag or container.
1 bag or container of cooked rice
1 bag or container of chopped vegetables
Prepare from prepped:
Follow the instructions as directed.