Producefennel bulb1 small
salad mix4 cups
lemon juice2 tablespoon
pomegranate juice.25 cup
Dry Goodsextra-virgin olive oil.5 cup
sherry vinegar.25 cup
- Add the salad mix to a large bowl.
- Slice the fennel bulb half into strips, then add to the bowl with the salad.
- Using a sharp knife, cut away the rind and pith of the tangerines. Slice each into thin rounds, and add to the salad bowl.
- Add half the pomegranate seeds (1/4 cup) to the salad bowl.
- Pour the other half of the pomegranate seeds into a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Add the remaining vinaigrette ingredients to the container, then cover and shake until completely combined and emulsified, about 1 minute.
- Serve the vinaigrette with the salad.
- The salad will keep, undressed, for up to two days. The vinaigrette will keep, separate and tightly sealed, for up to 1 week.
Prep it for later:
1. Prepare the fennel, tangerine, and (if needed) pomegranate arils and toss to combine. Transfer to a large resealable container.
2. Prepare the vinaigrette according to the instructions in Step 6
Prepped vegetables will store for up to 5 days in the fridge. Vinaigrette will store for up to 2 weeks. Do not freeze either container (it won’t thaw well!)
1 container of prepared vegetables and fruit
1 container of vinaigrette
Prepare from prepped:
1. Combine the prepared vegetables and fruit with the salad mix.
2. Serve with the vinaigrette.