This recipe had been bouncing around in my brain for weeks before I finally figured out exactly how I wanted to do it! Roasted cauliflower, sweet curry seasoning, nutty pine nuts, briny capers, and finished with a shower of salty feta cheese.
It’s the stuff weeknight dinner side dishes are made of, guys. Plus, it holds up like a freaking rockstar in the fridge so it’s awesome for meal prep as well!
After we had this as a dinnertime side dish, I added it to my lunchtime salad the next day and HOLY WOW. With next day flavors, it’s amazing as a meat-free salad topper, tossed with a little olive oil and salt as a dressing.
Sheet Pan Curried Cauliflower with Pine Nuts, Capers, and Feta
Dry Goodsextra-virgin olive oil2 tablespoons
pine nuts.25 cups
non-pareil capers.25 cup
Dairycrumbled feta3 ounces
ground ginger.25 teaspoon
ground garlic.25 teaspoon
garam masala.5 teaspoon
Roasting cauliflower brings out an inherent nuttiness that blends really well with the garam masala, pine nuts, and briny capers. Adding crumbled feta at the end is optional if you’re vegan- but it bumps up the flavor and rounds the whole dish out in the end.
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Remove the stem from the cauliflower with a sharp knife, and break the head up into small bite-sized florets.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, oil, seasonings, pine nuts, and capers. Use tongs or your hands to toss and mix until everything is coated with the seasoning.
- Spread on a sheet pan in an even layer.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast 10-12 minutes, until the pine nuts have turned a toasty brown color and the cauliflower has softened.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the crumbled feta in an even layer on top.
Prep it for later:
1. Chop the cauliflower and combine with the seasoning, pine nuts, and capers. Transfer to a resealable bag or container.
2. If necessary, crumble the feta cheese and transfer to a resealable bag or container.
Chopped cauliflower, seasonings, pine nuts, and capers will store for up to 5 days in the fridge, and up to 3 months in the freezer.
1 bag or container of chopped cauliflower, seasonings, pine nuts, and capers.
1 bag or container of crumbled feta cheese
Prepare from prepped:
1. Thaw ingredients as necessary.
2. Add oil to cauliflower, seasonings, pine nuts, and capers and toss to combine, using your hands to really coat the cauliflower with oil.
3. Prepare the recipe according to the instructions.