I think I’m starting to develop a sheet pan dinner obsession.
Is that a bad thing, do you think? My guess is likely that no, not a bad thing at all. I’m also willing to guess you’re with me on this. Right?
Because truly, how can it be a bad thing to enjoy what is basically the perfect weeknight dinner recipe? Toss delicious ingredients on a pan. Season appropriately. Place in a hot oven until cooked. Eat.
Could not be easier, and I love that so, so much.
This sheet pan dinner features plump, juicy, smoked kielbasa and is my play on the old Italian standby, sausage and peppers. Did you know smoked kielbasa and sweet, slightly spicy peppers goes awesome together? If you do, you’re probably from the Midwest and know Polish-Americans. Just saying.
I love the combo of heat, sweet, and spice in this sheet pan dinner. You’ve got crispy sweet red peppers, yellow onions, smoky kielbasa, all covered in a 3-ingredient mustard glaze that’s also perfection as a salad dressing. So while you’re at it, make a big, leafy salad and toss it with the remainder of this sauce. Serve some crusty bread on the side and you’ve got a dinner in 20 minutes that’s full of flavor and a bit of bite.Print
- 1.5–2 pounds smoked kielbasa sausages (, sliced in half)
- 2 sweet red peppers (, ribs and seeds removed, sliced into 1/4″ thick strips)
- 1 large yellow onion (, sliced)
- 3 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Arrange the kielbasa, peppers, and onions into 3 separate piles on the pan.
- Whisk together the mustard, sugar, and vinegar. Brush onto the sausages, then drizzle any remaining sauce on the peppers and onions.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then use a spatula to toss the peppers and the onions so that they brown evenly.
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes, or until the peppers and onions have softened and started to brown and the sausage is plump and browned.
- Serve hot.
See why these sheet pan dinner recipes are my new thing!? They’re too crazy easy not to be!
You might also like: