Using ground turkey keeps these meatloaves light in both flavor and calorie, and making 4 smaller loaves instead of one big loaf means they cook quicker, and make for easier serving at dinnertime as well as easier leftovers the next day.
Blending the meatloaf ingredients in the food processor means you’ll get a more cohesive loaf, but if you don’t have access to a food processor, try to mince the onion and garlic as finely as possible.
I like the sweetness of using mashed parsnips opposed to mashed potatoes here. Use the freshest parsnips you can, which will have less of a “woody” texture at the center, and they’ll mash more smoothly.
Sheet Pan Turkey Meatloaves with Mashed Parsnips
Proteinground turkey2 pounds
Dairywhole milk1/2 cup
Dry GoodsItalian-style breadcrumbs1 cup
Worcestershire sauce2 tablespoons
Kosher salt1 teaspoon
olive oil2 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 350*F and line a large sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Roughly chop the parsnips and add to the boiling water.
- Cook the parsnips until they are soft enough to easily let a fork or knife pass through, then drain.
- Mash the parsnips, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Mix the ketchup and olive oil together in a small bowl until smooth, then set aside.
- Process the remaining ingredients together in food processor until smooth, then remove from the processor and shape into 4 even loaves on the sheet pan. If you don’t have access to a food processor, combine ingredients in a large bowl and mix with your hands or a spoon until combined, then shape into loaves.
- Spread each loaf with the ketchup and olive oil mixture, using a spoon to smooth the mixture evenly on each loaf.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake 28-30 minutes, until the meatloaves are completely cooked through.
- Remove and serve alongside the mashed parsnips.
Prep it for later:
1. Chop and boil the parsnips, then mash, according to the instructions in Step 1-5. Once cool enough to handle, transfer to a resealable bag or container.
2. Combine the ketchup and olive oil in a resealable container, and store in the fridge.
3. Combine the meatloaf ingredients until smooth, then transfer to a resealable bag or container.
4. The parsnips and meatloaf ingredients will store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Meatloaf mix will freeze for up to 3 months.
You will need:
1 bag or container of mashed parsnips.
1 bag or container of ketchup and olive oil mixture
1 bag or container of meatloaf mix
Prepare from prepped:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and line a large sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
2. Shape the meatloaf into 4 even loaves, and spoon the ketchup mixture evenly between each loaf.
3. Bake 28-30 minutes, until the meatloaves are completely cooked through.
4. While the meatloaf is cooking, reheat the parsnips either on the stovetop or in the microwave.
5. When the meatloaf is cooked, serve with the parsnips.