Creamy, garlicky, perfect mashed potatoes, made in the slow cooker! This means
I’m a big proponent of using your slow cooker as a meal prep powerhouse.
You mean, I just have to throw in some ingredients, turn the thing on, and it does the work for me?
Yessss, lady! #praisehands
Finding time to get meal prep into an already busy week is tough enough.
But the crockpot makes light work of that, and these creamy, dreamy mashed potatoes prove that.
Big chunks of peeled potatoes are cooked with whole
Then you let those flavors come together sloooowwwwlly, before whisking in milk at the end and mashing everything up.
It makes for a great hands-off holiday meal side, meal prep side, “I’m-in-love-with-mashed-potatoes-and-I-don’t-care-who-knows-it” side.
You do you, honey boo.
And then throw some potatoes in a crockpot and forget about them for a while.
Creamy, garlicky, super easy mashed potatoes- made entirely in your slow cooker! Free up your oven or just make this simple side when you’re not at home.
2 pounds russet potatoes
6 large cloves garlic
2 tablespoons butter
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup water
½ cup milk
- Peel the potatoes and slice into large chunks.
- Lightly smash the garlic to break the papery outsides, then peel the cloves.
- Add the potatoes, garlic, butter, salt and water to a 4 or 6 quart slow cooker and secure the lid.
- Cook on low for 3 hours.
- When the potatoes are ready, remove the lid and add the milk.
- Mash the potatoes until creamy and serve.