Creamy, garlicky, perfect mashed potatoes, made in the slow cooker! This means
I’m a big proponent of using your slow cooker as a meal prep powerhouse.
You mean, I just have to throw in some ingredients, turn the thing on, and it does the work for me?
Yessss, lady! #praisehands
Finding time to get meal prep into an already busy week is tough enough.
But the crockpot makes light work of that, and these creamy, dreamy mashed potatoes prove that.
Big chunks of peeled potatoes are cooked with whole
Then you let those flavors come together sloooowwwwlly, before whisking in milk at the end and mashing everything up.
It makes for a great hands-off holiday meal side, meal prep side, “I’m-in-love-with-mashed-potatoes-and-I-don’t-care-who-knows-it” side.
You do you, honey boo.
And then throw some potatoes in a crockpot and forget about them for a while.
Slow Cooker Extra Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- Prep Ahead:
- Peel potatoes and slice them into large chunks.
- Lightly smash garlic cloves to break up the skin, which then gets discarded.
- Combine the potatoes and garlic in a large resealable bag or container. If using a bag, press out as much air as you can to avoid any discoloring of the potatoes.
- The chopped potatoes will last for about 2 days in the fridge. Some discoloration may occur, but will not affect the taste.
- Prepare From Prepped:
- Combine the chopped potatoes and garlic with butter, salt, and water to the slow cooker.
- Cook according to the instructions in Steps 4-6
- Make From Fresh:
- Peel the potatoes and slice them into large chunks.
- Lightly smash the garlic to break the papery outsides, then peel the cloves.
- Add the potatoes, garlic, butter, salt, and water to a 4 or 6-quart slow cooker and secure the lid.
- Cook on low for 3 hours.
- When the potatoes are ready, remove the lid and add the milk.
- Mash the potatoes until creamy and serve.