Stuffed pepper soup tastes just like a bell pepper that’s been stuffed with seasoned beef and caramelized in the oven… just in drop-and-cook soup form!
Made with just 7 ingredients, this stuffed pepper soup is easy to prep ahead of time and store in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to cook.
Just combine all the raw ingredients in a large, resealable bag or container. When you’re ready to cook, just drop everything into a slow cooker or Instant Pot, turn it on, and walk away till it’s done!
I’ve also included instructions in this recipe to make it on the stovetop, as well as how to prepare it fresh and eat it the same day.
I love the sweetness that comes out of bell peppers when they’ve been slow-roasted and caramelized in the oven.
That sweetness is mimicked in this recipe by adding a little bit of brown sugar to the soup. it doesn’t sweeten the flavor too much but brings to mind the deliciousness of long-cooking stuffed bell pepper, and it’s key to recreating that flavor in this soup!
Add extra veggies in this soup if you’re feelin’ it. This soup would be great with a couple of chopped carrots, or a handful of fresh baby spinach added at the end to wilt it a bit before serving.
I’ll also dress up this soup like it’s a chili; a dollop of sour cream on top (or Greek yogurt to reduce those calories a bit), and a small handful of shredded cheddar tastes divine.
Another great swap to make is using ground sausage in place of the ground beef! Make sure to stir it often as it cooks, to break up the sausage and get that extra sausage-y flavor to seep into the rest of the ingredients as they cook.
You might also like:
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 bell pepper deseeded and diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 14 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 3 cups beef broth
- Add all ingredients to a resealable bag or container and label.
- Store for up to 3 months in the freezer, 5-7 days in the fridge.
Prepare From Prepped:
- If frozen, thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Follow the instructions for the crockpot or Instant Pot.
Make From Fresh:
- Add all ingredients to crockpot and secure the lid. Cook on low for 4 hours, high for 2. Serve hot.
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Cook on High Pressure for 20 minutes with a natural pressure release.