Ready in under 40 minutes, these Stuffed Poblano Peppers are a sure-fire hit and a perfect weeknight meal!
So, after I confessed my never-ending love for Homemade Taco Seasoning last week, I pretty much started taco-ing all the things. That’s normal, right?
These Stuffed Poblano Peppers with ground beef, refried black beans and cheese were my favorite result of the taco seasoning binge, and I bet you’ll love them just as much as we did! I love how layered they are, which packs them full of so much extra flavor.
This simple recipe clocks in with only 6 ingredients.
They also freeze great, and – my favorite bonus – are handy to eat one-handed, with a baby on your hip. I know this from real life. So they’d be great to bring over as a gift to a new mom or parent!
I like to go all in with the taco-ness of these peppers, too, and add a dollop of sour cream and maybe some Valentina hot sauce if I’m feeling feisty.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 5 poblano peppers
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (see recipe link: http://percolatekitchen.com/homemade-taco-seasoning/)
- 1 onion (, diced)
- 1 cup (8oz) refried beans
- 8 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Slice each poblano in half and remove the seeds. Arrange the poblanos, cut side up and side by side, in a large ovenproof baking dish.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large stainless steel saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook until browned, crumbling the beef as it cooks.
- When the beef is cooked through, remove the pan from the heat and pour off any excess grease.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, mixing to combine thoroughly.
- While the beef is cooking, spread 1-2 tablespoons of refried beans into each pepper, smoothing to coat the bottom of each pepper evenly.
- When the beef mixture is cooked, divide evenly among each pepper.
- Sprinkle the peppers with cheese, and place in the oven.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and begins to bubble and brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.