Ready in under 40 minutes, these Stuffed Poblano Peppers are a sure-fire hit and a perfect weeknight meal!
So, after I confessed my never-ending love for Homemade Taco Seasoning last week, I pretty much started taco-ing all the things. That’s normal, right?
These Stuffed Poblano Peppers with ground beef, refried black beans, and cheese were my favorite result of the taco seasoning binge, and I bet you’ll love them just as much as we did! I love how layered they are, which packs them full of so much extra flavor.
This simple recipe clocks in with only 6 ingredients.
They also freeze great, and – my favorite bonus – are handy to eat one-handed, with a baby on your hip. I know this from real life. So they’d be great to bring over as a gift to a new mom or parent!
I like to go all in with the taco-ness of these peppers, too, and add a dollop of sour cream and maybe some Valentina hot sauce if I’m feeling feisty.
Make sure you serve with a side of Fiesta Rice & Beans Casserole on the side, too!
Poblano Peppers Stuffed with Taco-Seasoned Ground Beef
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
I love the mild, peppery flavor of poblanos, but you can use bell peppers or even those big jalapeno peppers in this recipe, too.
The recipe below calls for cheddar cheese, but jack cheddar or Monterey jack works, too!
Make sure to serve the taco-stuff peppers with your fave taco toppings and serve a Fiesta Rice & Beans Cheesy Casserole on the side.
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 6 large poblano peppers
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- Follow the instructions in Steps 1-3 until the beef is cooked through.
- When cool enough to handle, transfer the beef to a resealable bag or container.
Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Prepare From Prepped:
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Slice open the poblano peppers and stuff evenly with the beef, placing the stuffed peppers side by side in a 9×13” casserole dish.
- Top each pepper with shredded cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the peppers have softened through and the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
Make From Fresh:
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat until shimmering, then add the onions and cook until they’ve started to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir to combine, then add the ground beef.
- Stir together, breaking the beef up as it cooks and browns. Once the beef s mostly cooked, stir in the taco seasoning.
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Slice the peppers open and discard any seeds, stems, and ribs. Lay the peppers side by side in a 9″x13″ casserole dish.
- Stuff the peppers with the taco meat, then cover with shredded cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until the peppers have softened through and the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.